Have you ever gone to a friend’s or family member’s house and just thought, “Wow! Their home decoration is amazing.” Chances are, you probably have (and so did we.) That is why we came up with the idea to reveal the secrets that will make people ask you who your interior designer was and how they can transform their home the same way. We gathered the best tips from the pros to help you decorate your home interior better than any average person trying to do something different. There are many different decoration styles, but we do not want anyone to feel confused, so we wanted to keep it pretty simple.
Furniture layout secrets that make a difference
There is a big difference between average and extraordinary rooms. More often than not, small details make a certain interior stand out from the rest. Home interior design is all about layout, so how do we structure our rooms? First of all, you must study your room to see how to organize your space. Be sure to consider how your room is structured, especially your doors, windows, and vents. Your windows are essential for you to know if you want to place your womb chair or dining table near the light, especially if you like to read.
Be mindful of your heating and cooling devices. Try to position your sofas, chairs, and stools not so close to the source of heat or cold but at a safe distance. One of the key points that will help you decide if you need curtains and where to place your seating can be your TV. Depending on the positioning of your windows, you will see if the light creates a glare on the TV, so you can adjust its positioning based on that and decide whether you will put curtains or not.
- Create more space – Besides making sure that your aesthetics look stunning, it is also essential to make sure your space makes it easy for you to move around the house. It can be such a drag to always go around the bed, table, or sofa’s because you cannot take the easier route. Especially if you have kids running around, it becomes super important for you to free as much space as you can so they do not hurt themselves.
- Add accessories – This one may come across as common knowledge, but you would be surprised at how much people forget to add accessories in places where it matters. We want to encourage you to choose them yourself based on your preferences. However, some essentials that you can always use are Interior plants, figurines, interesting-looking mugs, candles, etc. Your dining room and living room table, bed, and windows are all good places to put some of your favourite accessories; however, you can be creative and place them in various locations around the house.
How to make the most out of your colours
We believe in a proven method that helps you structure your colour design. About 60% should be filled with your main colour, 30% is for the second one, and the remaining 10% you should leave for the accent colour. This statistic doesn’t mean you cannot combine more than three colors; however, be sure that all additional ones are a small add-on to the main ones. When choosing your colours, our recommendation is to go for the colours that make your interior more spacious. Usually, those colours are lighter, like light green, white, and baby blue. To make a good balance combine your brighter colours with some edgier ones like black, dark brown, or red.
- Walls play a major role – The colours of your walls shouldn’t be too aggressive, and in most cases, light shad prove the best when dominant. Adding some exciting wall art can additionally boost the look of your interior and grab the attention of your friends and family. Adding additional layers to the colour of your walls can be very brave and can give you some great results if done correctly. Your home will stand out so much in terms of aesthetics. Not so many people decide to be so bold when it comes to the colours of their walls.
- Colours to avoid – There are some colours that you should avoid in your home. To be more precise, you should avoid specific colours in certain rooms inside your home. Let’s reveal them. For starters, never use red in your bedroom. This colour is responsible for intense emotional and physical reactions among so many people. In a place where we are searching for relaxing and resting, this is never a good option. Even though white has established itself as a primary bathroom colour, according to professionals like Ashley Baskin, this colour isn’t such a great choice. The stains are most visible so your bathroom can easily become the worst-looking part of your home and nobody wants that. Pros like Sam Whittaker, home design expert and editor at The Golden, say that Brown is a no-no for your home’s exterior. He emphasizes that besides making your home dull, this can make it harder for you if you are thinking about selling your property in the future.
- Living room styling secrets – Here are some of the best tips to make the place you spend the most time in stand out. Your living room first of all needs to be comfortable and have some attention-grabbing pieces of furniture that will make a major difference that separates you from the rest. Lamps, lamps, and lamps. Yes, they are that important. A fabulous-looking chandelier or a grandiose ceiling lamp will separate your house’s interior design from the rest. Make sure you adjust it to the interior so there are no fancy chandeliers if your room does not already look the part.
- Express your passion – Whether it is a large bookshelf or some action figurines, we encourage you to decorate your space with things you are passionate about. If you love plants, but some, and not just flowers, you can be creative here. Design your home in such a way that draws attention to what you love the most. Some people have skateboards and longboards on their walls while others like to put some interesting toys, the choice is all yours.
- Wall art magic – Your home interior needs to stand out. When it comes to your living room, placing some pictures can always be good. Express your taste through art and believe me, your living room will become ten times more attractive.
- How to make a statement? – Particular objects in your living room and home interior design steal all the glory. They are usually more significant than others and are in the centre of your room. If you are searching for a furniture piece, a womb chair can be the one you need to make the room stand out. Visually pleasing, this kind of comfort stands out for much more than just aesthetics.
Bedroom made to stand out
We all so many times wished that our bedroom just had that perfect look that screams comfort, beautiful aesthetics, and intimacy, so how to make that happen? Here are some pro tips to help you make your bedroom a true paradise that stands out from the rest.
- Make it spacious – The bedroom is all about space and simplicity. The first step that will help you make your perfect bedroom is to remove all the unnecessary furniture. Ideally, you only need a nightstand, a nice-looking bed, and maybe a wardrobe or a lounge chair. As we already said, stay away from the red colour and fill the room with light colours.
- Avoid busy bedroom – Avoid crowded bedrooms, and don’t have more furniture and objects than you need. Creating one focal point will add to the calmness your bedroom needs. Usually, that focal point can be your ceiling lamp, but it can also be something else. Allow yourself to be as creative as you can.
- Adjust the lighting – Adjusting the lighting is very important when it comes to bedrooms. You want to change your windows and bed to get enough natural light during the day. Also, you want to make sure that you are not directly exposed to the sun, especially if you prefer to sleep longer.
Nail your dining room look
Finally, we’ve come to the dining room. Some would argue that this room is where we spend most of the time with our family. Of course, this is a reason to make sure it stands out from anything that looks ordinary.
- Make your dining area stand out – Easier said than done, but the answer is more straightforward than we think. When it comes to Scandinavian furniture, simplicity makes it stand out from the rest. The same goes for your dining table. Try to make it simple but standoffish. Go with a classic that you can’t go wrong with, like a wooden wishbone chair and a table of your choice. Try not to make too many decorations and put a couple of accessories like interior plants or figurines. Also, a good lamp can add to the whole vibe of your dining room.
- Stabilize your dining space – To make sure your dining table and chairs keep their positioning, you should define that space with a rug or a carpet underneath. Besides keeping your seating options stable, you will also make it more evident that this is the part that stands out.
- Good lighting is important – As in any other room, lightning is a very important factor in dining. Making sure that the centre of the room is bright will make it evident that you know what you are doing.
Where to find your inspiration
When it comes to inspiration, there is no better place to find what you need than social media. Whether it is Pinterest, Instagram, or Unsplash, finding exciting ideas has never been easy. We encourage you to visit our social media for some creativity boost that will help you add some magic to your already beautiful interior.